Feb 18, 2014

the south land | part i




Going through the many pictures and videos that I captured on our Tasmanian adventure stirs up a certain bittersweet nostalgia in me. The memories of the laughter and fun that we experienced is so tangible. I wish I could go back.

The wonderful time we spent together as a family and the absolute blast we had with our cousins
could never be replaced. Every moment was special; the loud voices on Christmas Eve, the rather wet breakfast she and I shared on the lawn, the gentle rip of festive paper on Christmas morning, the infectious, cheek-splitting laughter at night around the kitchen sink, spending hours at the windy Salamanca Markets in Hobart, and of course, playing 'real-life' 'cluedo' in the house.  All of these memories along with so many more are very precious to me.

Being away also taught me something important. It taught me that taking a step back and gaining a new perspective is like splashing your face with icy water; you can see things clearer and you feel more alive.

Now, being back home is like beginning afresh. I've seen, I've tasted, and I've breathed in all the 'home-like' beauty around me! Life is good and worth it, even though I ache with homesickness for my "Tassie family".

Be wonderful,
B r i o n y





5 comments:

  1. Very sweet photo set. I love this -- what you said: "Being away also taught me something. It taught me that taking a step back and gaining a new perspective is like splashing your face with icy water; you can see things clearer and you feel more alive. "
    Welcome home. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you, mary Rachel. It's good to be home. :)

      Delete
  2. So beautiful, Briony!! Sounds like you had an absolute smasher of a holiday :) Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Hannah! I sure did. It was fantastic. :)

      Delete

thank you for commenting...you just made my day!