Jan 7, 2013

THESE DAYS // WHAT IS ON MY HEART FOR 2013

                                                                                       
Sticky hands, burnt fingers, messy bench top, tongues on wooden spoons, oats and flour scatted on the floor, stains on clothing, hot oven, soapy water, smacking of lips, warm spicy smells and hot steam. Baking on our house is not a big occasion, nor is it very special, it is just life and the way it flows.

I hope that my 2013 is made up of many more moments like these. The simple, everyday, things that need to be noticed and lived. Things like enjoying the laughter of a younger brother or sister, drinking a warm mocca from zaraffas on a friday night, reading in the pine tree in the late afternoon, petting the horses over the fence, baking biscuits in the kitchen, staying up late at night, swimming with family in the pool, reading the bible, writing in my diary, even hanging out the washing on a weekend, all these things need to be appreciated. I want to be fully alive in 2013...maybe I can begin by taking each day and each moment one step at a time.

"Behold, what I have seen to be good and fitting is to eat and drink and find enjoyment in all the toil with which one toils under the sun the few days of his life that God has given him, for this is his lot."  - Ecclesiastes 5:18

-Briony xo

5 comments:

  1. what a beautiful "korner" you've got here!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been thinking lately that I need some oatmeal cookies. Baking makes for good memories.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cheers to 2013! (And those oatmeal cookies look delicious.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love cooking and baking...beautiful biscuity photos, Bri! :)

    ReplyDelete

thank you for commenting...you just made my day!