Dec 24, 2012

the eve.

Dad's Christmas playlist hums softly from the stereo, outside the gum trees turn ash green against the pale sky and inside we continue to cook, wrap presents, sign cards and enjoy the last few hours of Christmas eve that we have left together.

Tonight, around eleven o'clock, children will dream about Santa popping his head down the chimney and his eight reindeer leaving round hoof-prints in the snow on the roof. Me? I'll be dreaming about that too.  I am still a child at heart, living in a wide world of fantasy.

Have a very Merry Christmas!


*Just on a side note. Today as I was walking, one of my neighbors took the time to say 'Merry Christmas' to me. Why don't you pay some one the same compliment? It will put a smile on their face. :) 

2 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas, Briony!
    LOve your Christmas snapshots, Christmas Eve is almost as good as Christmas day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Christmas is awesome! Beautiful decorations on that table, if I do say so myself! hahah! :)

    xo

    ReplyDelete

thank you for commenting...you just made my day!