Oct 15, 2012

'she had messy hair and freckles on her nose.'

The term 'capture' in photography to means reflect a bit of the subject's personality in a photograph, but I when I use the term 'capture' I mean to reflect the subject's thoughts, expressions, speech and their soul down to the very last detail.

When I am posing my subjects I often ask them to sit somewhere comfy so they are relaxed, then I ask them to avert their eyes to the camera. The window to people's hearts lies in their eyes. You can learn so much about a person just by engaging them in eye contact. Our eyes truly are the windows to our souls, whether they are caressed in wrinkles, shining with tears, or sparkling with laughter!

I photographed my sister today. I posed her by a window with a soft, lace, curtain as a backdrop. Her hair was damp, unbrushed and tangled with curls! She wore no makeup, she just came as herself. As I told her how to pose her natural beauty shone and she looked beautiful despite her messy hair and brown freckles (which, by the way, are gorgeous). I edited the photographs in black and white for a more contemporary look. Enjoy!







6 comments:

  1. Wow. That's all I can say.
    You've hit the nail.
    This is beautiful photography :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Holly! That means a lot to me.

      Delete
  2. Lovely photography! Laura is sooo gorgeous!!

    It was lovely to see you both on Saturday! I had such a great time! :)

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Her eyes are gorgeous, as well as your thoughts about this post. :) Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the new angles of the photography you experimented with. And I LOVE your thoughts on this post, it's so magical and perfect what you wrote!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. P.S. I hope you get well soon! *I was just about to write "I hope you get better soon" but I stopped myself because it may have sounded like I was referring to your photography abilities not your cold!* lol. :) (You don't have to publish this) :D

    ReplyDelete

thank you for commenting...you just made my day!