Jun 7, 2012

listening to yourself // Cornsilk


This year marks my third year of blogging. If you are new to blogspot, you could easily call that a long time, however for me, it feels like only yesterday I entered my sign in details and clicked confirm.

Like many others in this blogging community, I read blogs, get inspired by a paragraph of writing, a photo or even how she or he put their feelings into words! It is very easy to want to achieve the same effect as that person, but this is where I try to exercise a little more originality in how I write and photograph.

I remember a few months ago, I was outside walking around the house with my camera in hand when I came across a very pretty subject! A little pine cone. I angled my camera and hit the shutter button and took a very nice shot. However, as I was playing back the image, I thought to myself: 'This isn't like Carlotta does it! Maybe I should try again?"  If that were 'Million Dollar Hotseat' that is where Eddie would have said, "Ooh, sorry incorrect answer." Taking a photo like Carlotta was very important to me! But funnily enough, no matter how hard I tried, I just couldn't get it perfect. The reason being is because I am not Carlotta.

Lets be honest here, who else has been in that situation?

We need to listen to our own personal style. It may take some time to develop and exercise but we all have it!

So, that is why I am very excited to present to you, Cornsilk. Yes, it is a strange name. Cornsilk is actually a golden-blonde colour, and the reason behind calling my blog this, is because I am determined to make an effort here and everywhere to celebrate the golden moments in life. So, as I put my old Katie's Korner dress away in the closet, I'm pulling on a new one!

-Briony.

9 comments:

  1. Jemimah :-)7.6.12

    Great post Briony! I'm getting a blog when I turn 14, and this post has been very helpful for when I blog. And I love the new blog name and layout, it's great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jemimah! I hope when you do get a blog you''l have fun with it!

      Delete
  2. Oh I love your new blog name! :)

    Hannah
    thewritingsofhannah.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love, love, love this photo! And I know what you mean about trying to find your own voice with blogging. I sometimes find myself thinking "well, if people like her blog, she must be doing it right, therefore, I should do it the same way!" but that's not always the case. Being yourself is really important! :) Great post, and I'm excited for you to re-launch your blog, it's always exciting to start fresh, isn't it?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It is hard to find your own voice. But a process worth going for!

      Delete
  4. Go Briony!! I love your new blog title and set up -
    it's really you, and that's what it's all about so YOU GO GIRL!!

    love you
    always and forever
    Blessings,
    cousin Chloe
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy, Happy three years! I love the picture and the raw honesty and crisp prose in this post.

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow, this is different. i love the design, but 'Cornsilk' is an interesting name and i much prefer the old one, but always nice to have change! :)
    this post was beautifully written and i have been in those sort of situations many a time...very inspiring!
    xoxo,
    holly

    ReplyDelete
  7. cornsilk is a very pretty name. I've never heard of it before.

    ReplyDelete

thank you for commenting...you just made my day!