Feb 17, 2012

Friday musings.







As an aspiring writer, there are lots of days when many hours are spent gazing out the window staring blankly into space, searching my mind for inspiration. I try to interpret what I feel through my writing and my photography, however on days when I shed more tears then I would like to admit, and when I feel like an emotional mess, it can be very hard. I often sit on my bed with emotions I don't understand surging through me, and I wish I could have been born a boy so I could avoid all these feelings. Haven't we all thought this at some stage in our lives?

On days like this, the future seems distant, yet so close and it can be frightening. I see the mess the world is in and it's gloomy curtain hangs over my future like a storm cloud waiting to burst. I wonder, with uncertainty, what my life would be like if I was not born in to a christian family? Would I be a corrupt teenage girl messing up her life with drugs, alcohol and one-to-many boyfriends? I cringe at the thought. Why God has chosen to bless me so abundantly, I'll never quite get my head around. All I know is, he loves me and he knows what my future holds, he can see through the curtain.

11 For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. 
                                                                      -Jeremiah 29:11

6 comments:

  1. This is beautifully written. I know of those emotionally messy days. I've been having quite a lot of them lately; andd they're hardly a bowl full of rainbows.
    His love just covers everything, though. Thanks for sharing that verse!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely photos! I especially ♥ the one of the guitar. How are you enjoying learning the guitar btw.
    And that last paragraph is very encouraing...God is so good to place us where we are! His love never ends : )
    XO

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Brioney

    I love that bible verse! It is definably my favourite. And I defiantly know what your going through, I have days where I just feel so emotionally messed up, it's depressing, especially when I don't have any reason to feel that way.

    I can really relate to this post, and it has really encouraged me. I feel like this has been a struggle lately, emotions are difficult to overcome.

    I have loved getting to know you more lately. You are a wonderful girl.

    God bless you!

    ~Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post! I know how you feel eggzactly. ;)

    Say, would you like to read my blog? (it's private, you see). I just need my email, and then I can invite you. (Maybe I could get it through Holly or something?)

    ReplyDelete
  5. good post Katie! Who is that lovely girl in the second photo? She looks familiar! ;)

    It was truly inspiring thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The first and third photos are gorgeous. I'm extremely jealous of the fact that it is summer where you are right now.

    ~Nina
    http://craftandcreate.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

thank you for commenting...you just made my day!