Jan 28, 2012

the world's quiet places

In a world where noise is everywhere, filling the streets and alley ways with the rush of everyday life, it can be hard to find a place where time seems to have stopped still and a place in which one can breath in the stillness and quiet. A place that cries out "PEACE!" and draws you towards it like a magnet. A place where all the world's modern appliances and ugly buildings have not wiped out the rustic charm of "olden-day" life. A place where one can float gladly away on their day dreams and fill a camera card with hundreds of photos just so that when they get home, they may look back on this place and re-live the stillness once more.










Taking a glimpse into life in the 1800s is always an inspiring event. I close my eyes and imagine the voices and babble of the farmers talking about the price of wheat or corn and the ladies chatting and gossiping in the dress shop. The jingle of chains and harnesses and the low rumble of wagons plays over and over again in my head. I savor. I capture. I enjoy.

-Katie xo

5 comments:

  1. beautiful header. beautiful post. beautiful dreams. everything is perfectly perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these pictures! What a cool place!

    ReplyDelete
  3. these post is absolutely beautiful, bri! the photos, the words and laura!
    i also ♥ your new design...so lovely : )
    ♥,
    Me xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful photos Bri! I love the ones of Laura in the phone booth!!
    Missing you as always
    love your favourite cousin!
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this post. The pictures are very pretty, and so are the thoughts...

    ReplyDelete

thank you for commenting...you just made my day!