Nov 7, 2011

let's go to the beach!

Summer is such an exciting season in Australia. It brings holidays, hot weather, a good excuse to take a trip down to the local pool, smoothies, Christmas and just letting your hair down and being able to have fun!

When I think of the word 'holiday' the picture that is formed in my mind is one of my family and I relaxing on the beach or fishing in the river. The word that comes to mind when I think of 'holiday' is without a doubt, bliss.

Here we are back from Hastings Point NSW, feeling tired and looking a little sun kissed and sandy. We had a fantastic holiday and now it is very hard to turn back to reality and begin school work again! I need another holiday to recover from my holiday.










We took the two minute walk to the beach every morning and afternoon for the entire ten days. The water was perfect! We couldn't ask for better. The weather was very warm and ranged about 28.C-31.C. However, it was not the weather that most occupied our minds, it was the fun that we were having!

Three birthdays occurred while we were away. My mother's, my sisters and my brother's all in the same week! I watched helplessly as quite a few saved up dollars drizzled out of my account. Oh well! I love buying presents for family, if you are careful you might even snag a goodie for yourself. ;)

Happy belated birthday(s)!

Now, as I sit staring at my computer screen with my brown legs stretched out in front of me, I can feel nothing more then thankfulness and love for my family and our holiday.

Family Holiday.

Yes, it is bliss.



P.S Thoughts on the new design?

7 comments:

  1. Your blog design looks really nice! I like it! :)

    Sounds like you and your family had a great time at the beach. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh - looks like you had a fantastic holiday!

    Your new blog design is gorgeous. I love it! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the pictures, and the design is great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds fun! I went to the beach with a few girl friends last Saturday! It was awesome!

    Btw, I think your blog design is awesome, although I personally prefer your other one.

    ~Bri {Diamonds and Pearls}

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those pictures are beautiful! Great design, too. Honestly, I had no idea you lived in Australia! ;) That's awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i ♥ holidays too. specially with family. looks like a great time- the beach is a wonderful holiday spot! hope getting back into the swing of things is going alright. sometimes you really do need a holiday to recover from your holiday.
    i think i've already told you this, but the new design is lovely, but i liked the old one better : )

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Say 'happy birthday' from me to the special birthday people!
    Looks like you had a brilliant time on holiday, nice photos!

    miss you all millions
    ~ Chloe
    xox
    :)

    ReplyDelete

thank you for commenting...you just made my day!