Nov 18, 2011

Comfort zone blues.

So obviously my last post sparked a little interest and feeling into it's readers. Many of you commented saying that we as people should take that leap and step out of our comfort zones. Others commented saying they were a little afraid of the unordinary, while others said they planned to step out of their comfort zone some day. My question to you is, why? Why won't you do it?


I don't want this post to be one which will be read, agreed with and then forgotten. No! I want this to be a three-way-conversation between the author, the readers and God. Do not be afraid to share you feelings and possibly change them, they could be the key to bigger and better things.

You may be thinking, "What!? Is this going to be another one of those boring Christian lectures?" But stick with me here.

Most of Katie's Korner's readers are around the ages 13-16. There is a good chance that you fit into this category. If not, please continue reading because this may get you thinking.

So, there is a very good chance that you are a teenage girl! Awesome! Now I have some questions to ask you. What are you doing with your life? How close are you to God? and do you want to make an impact on your generation?



If you answered "yes" to the latter and yet have no idea what-so-ever how to accomplish it, here are a few tips.

1. If your youth group (or church) is in need of  more encounters with God, I encourage you to step out of your comfort zone and walk up to a leader and ask them if there could be more of these events. You don't even have to have a date for it. It can happen in your own bedroom when you are praying.

2. If you feel that God has called you to ministry or to be a missionary, I encourage you to step out of your comfort zone and look into going on a missions trip or perhaps preaching a five minute message at your youth group. I know these suggestions sound scary but the will help you to reach your amazing future and impact others to do the same.

3. If you hate the fact that teenage girls are being constantly pushed to look perfect, dress a certain way, or being pushed to have a long score of boyfriends at a very young age, I encourage you to set up a young girls connect group, or even a blog on this subject and try to help it. God will bless through this.

The list does not just stop there! There is heaps more things you can do to impact your generation, to impact the world. However, please do not try to do these things on your own, you are going to need God at the centre of all this. He wants to use you to glorify his name. Do so.


Thoughts on this please?




4 comments:

  1. Helpful tips Briony! I certainly got me thinking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this has really made me think. i can understand perfectly everything you wrote about. i would ♥ to do that, i need to keep reading this post and taking notes. so i can actually do soemthing about this all rather than just reading it : )
    thanks so much for the post, bri.
    ♥,
    Me

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keep writing these post....PLEAAAASE

    ReplyDelete
  4. You must be able to read my mind! For ages I have been wanting to do something to change the world, it is just that I'm at a loss at what to do to change it. Your suggestions really helped, I've been thinking and praying about starting up a new blog that will centre on Jesus and how to live for him, and your beautiful post was just the encouragement that I really needed!
    Thank you!

    ~ Chloe
    xox

    ReplyDelete

thank you for commenting...you just made my day!