Oct 1, 2011

Passion fruit kisses

There is something about food that is inspiring. Something that intrigues you and grabs a hold of your taste buds. Something that makes you want to dash home, pull out a recipe, slip into an already food splattered apron and begin cooking. It does not have a name, noor does it need one. We all understand this odd feeling that takes us prisoner for a few hours while the good smells are wafting out of the oven.

 My mother and I made a pleasant discovery two weeks ago. There is a biscuit known as 'Passion Fruit Kisses'. Just the name is enough for one to softly hum "Mmmmm" under their breath.

We were out browsing through the small stores that line the highway which we live near. We stopped at the cafe. While waiting to order, we saw all piled up on a tray with passion fruit cream oozing from their middles, freshly baked passion fruit kisses.

They were divine.

We got that inspirational feeling. A week later, piled up high on one of our own trays and still warm, were home made passion fruit kisses.




                                                                       

           Ingredients


  • 250g unsalted butter, softened
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
  • 1/2 cup pure icing sugar, sifted
  • 2 cups plain flour
  • 1/3 cup cornflour
  • Passionfruit filling

  • 60g butter, softened
  • 1 large passionfruit
  • 1 cup pure icing sugar, sifted


           Method


  1. Preheat oven to 160°C. Line 2 baking trays with non-stick baking paper.
  2. Using an electric mixer, cream butter, vanilla and icing sugar until light and fluffy. Sift flours over butter mixture. Beat on low speed until a soft dough forms.
  3. Roll heaped teaspoonfuls of mixture into small balls. Place on trays. Using a fork dipped in flour, lightly flatten each biscuit until 1cm thick. Bake for 15 minutes or until firm. Cool on trays for 10 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
  4. Make passionfruit filling: Using an electric mixer, beat butter until light and fluffy. Stir in passionfruit pulp and icing sugar.
  5. Spread flat side of 1 biscuit with 1 teaspoon filling. Top with another biscuit. Repeat with remaining biscuits and filling. Dust with icing sugar. Serve.



                                                                           *Smooch*
-Katie

8 comments:

  1. looks divine! I will have to so try that out : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks soooo delicious! I'm gonna try it out! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummo!! You are SUCH an amazing cook! I think that I will nab that recipe.....
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Katie!

    My blog has been deleted and i've had to start a new one! :( PLEASE come and follow my new blog: http://diamondsandpearls98.blogspot.com/

    Thanks,

    ~Bri

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yum!
    That looks really, really good! :)
    It's pretty too! :)

    Love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hmm... I've never had passion fruit before, I don't think. I'll have to try this sometime! Looks tasty :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Btw, I sent you an email about blog design. Did you get it?

    ReplyDelete
  8. YOU ARE SOOOO COOL! And your blog is sooooo awesome. yummy. I want one of those passionfruit kisses now. I guess I will be making them sooooon!

    Izi :)

    P.S: My Blog - www.myballetpointeofview.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

thank you for commenting...you just made my day!