Jun 13, 2011

One Word: Seussical

"Seuss-ie-cal? What is she talking about?" Says random blog reader no.1. "Uh, maybe it is a new word?" Random blog reader no.2.  "Naw, maybe we should just sit still and read the rest?" Suggests random blog reader no.3.


So, what am I talking about? My surprise of course! What else? Seussical is the name of the musical I auditioned for four weeks ago. I have been keeping quiet about it because I wasn't sure whether I had scored a place or not. Well, I did. :D I am over the moon! I got the part of an awesome jungle citizen. But before I say any more, I am going to back track a bit.


The choir that my sister and I are attending have been putting on big productions for years. And I am not just talking about the small schools plays mind you, this is a full scale 100 cast production to be performed at a theatre that seats over 1000. Yes, it'll do. ;)

Anyway, my sister and I decided we would audition for it. The rules for this were you must sing and act a piece of music of your own liking, and chose a poem or monologue to perform as well. Right up my alley! (Sort of) I admit I had never audition for anything before this but I have always loved acting and singing (and I am good at both I am told) so I jumped right in hoping I would get a spot.

Now, I am sure you are all wondering what this play is actually about. There is a hint in the title: Seuss. Yes Dr Seuss. You remember all those silly rhyme books you used to have read to you at bedtime? I know I do. If you have watched the movie, 'Horton Hears A Who' then you will understand what most of this musical is all about. Horton the elephant who lives in the jungle of Nool comes across a tiny speck known as Planet Who because of all the tiny people that live there called Whoes. Horton is committed to saving these tiny creatures because "A persons a person, no matter how small." So, he treks through the jungle of Nool meeting various Dr Seuss characters on the way. Such as, Gertrude the bird, Sour Kangaroo, Jojo, Amazing Mazie, and of course The Cat In the Hat.

Anyway. I audition, waited, and got a chorus role. Yeah, it isn't a main character, ooh but being a Jungle Citizen you get to be on stage a lot which is my kind of thing!

So, there is my surprise. Rehearsals start in two weeks. I am jumping up and down in excitement because well, it is exciting isn't it?




P.S Thank you Amanda for doing my drop down menus. You are great. :)

7 comments:

  1. Congrats on getting a role! That's exciting. :) Love that picture, by the way. Crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. congratulations! Two days until my first musical performance! I can't wiat : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. that is soooo awesome! i was in a seussical play once. i was the young kangaroo. it was pretttyyyy awesome.
    good luck, i'm sure you'll do great!
    p.s. that's an awesome picture of you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. congrats! i could never perform in front of people, but i'm sure you will enjoy it. you seem to have a lot of energy- GOOD energy that you can radiate to the audience when you perform. good luck and have fun!



    ♥florecity.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your "crazy" picture!
    I'm so glad that you got a part!
    I would love to hear you sing! You should post a video of you singing on your blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is sooooo cool! Musicals are so much fun! I have never seen Seussical, but I LOVE Dr. Seuss!

    Congrats! :)

    P.S. Your blog is so adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yaay! So glad you got a good part in the musical -- I wish I could be there and watch you. And the picture in this post = happiness.
    You blog is lovely, by the way! Thanks for stopping by my blog -- and you said you wanted to be a follower? Yippee! Can't wait to see you on my follower list. :0)
    mUcH lOve,
    Acacia

    ReplyDelete

thank you for commenting...you just made my day!