May 15, 2011

blogging hiatus

Hello. I am back from my blogging hiatus. And I have come back to find three new followers and a new change to blogger photo up loader.

Public and school holidays are long gone but since I have a tenancy to "drag" things along a bit I decided to wait until I was ready to write again. Well, I am and I have lots to share.

Easter. That feels like centuries ago now. 

The days leading up to Easter were full of excitement and activity. We did just about everything from baking hot cross buns, to making our own chocolate goodies. The kitchen was filled with good smells, and excited, talkative children.  (especially those who got to have an Easter egg.)

Now, last Easter, my family as usual, bought Easter bunnies and eggs. But it was not cheap nor was it much fun. Sure, it tasted good but my parents had a better idea. "Why not make our own chocolate sweets next year?" We all second the motion and thought it was great. Why not? So, this Easter, we bought blocks of chocolate and small tubs of cream and did just that. My mother decided to really embrace the true meaning of Easter so she came up with the idea of making chocolate tombs.



Firstly, Grab a round tupper-ware container and cover it completely with aluminium foil and place it wrong side up on a tray. Then, being careful not to burn yourself, melt 250g of chocolate in a china bowl over a saucepan filled with boiling water over a hot stove. Add a small amount of cream to keep the chocolate from burning. Once melted, pour over the container and place it the fridge to set. If you are feeling creative, sprinkle green-coloured coconut over the top for a grassy effect. Once set, take it out the of the refrigerator then, indulge!


Believe me...this is much more fun then purchasing your Easter chocolate.








Yum.


Easter Sunday was a family get together full of Easter cake, Easter egg hunts and children with chocolate stained faces.

The Easter egg hunt went on for a long, long time. Since our garden is big, and the Easter eggs are small and our eyes scan over the them and miss the goodies all together, we kept finding melted eggs days after.







I just love chocolate covered babies! <3



After lunch, a scrumptious desert (made by my lovely mother) was served. Lime cheese cake. Also known as Key Lime Pie. Since it was my first slice of Key Lime Pie, I feel in love in an instant. I have decided that will be my birthday cake later this year.










And that was Easter. Celebrating Jesus's death and resurrection so we can have an eternal relationship with God. (and eat pie) ;)


I do have a lot more to post about but right now I have to say goodbye because I need to clear my head before big choir eisteddfod tonight.

~Briony Katie~









6 comments:

  1. That looks like so much fun : )
    Glad you had a great time!
    ~Holly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like fun!
    Glad to hear you're back to blogging again ;)
    -Megan

    ReplyDelete
  3. yum key lime pie is soooo good!
    love your new header!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thx Grace. I am liking my new design too!

    Cheers Megan.

    Thanks Holly!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice pics, I love the one with your little Sister.

    ReplyDelete
  6. your blog is super cute. welcome back, though i just stumbled upon you.

    ReplyDelete

thank you for commenting...you just made my day!