Jan 4, 2011

Thriving in 2011

Another fresh new year is here . . . Another year to live! To banish worry, doubt, and fear,
To love, to laugh and give!

This bright new year is given me To live each day with zest . . .To daily grow and try to be
My highest and my best!

I have the opportunity Once more to right some wrongs, To pray for peace, to plant a tree,
And sing more joyful songs!



William Arthur Ward Quotes. 




Where did 2010 go? I feel so bewildered when ever the new year rolls around. I feel a bit guilty to think that I didn't fulfill all of my 'last year' goals. But then...the uncharted waters of the new year awaits, ready for us to explore them.  




I have been pondering on what goals I should set for myself in the new year. I want to challenge myself in 2011, I want to grow in God more. I want to start being a little bit more patient with my younger siblings. I want to make righteous, and Godly decisions. I want to step out of my comfort zone and dive into the new year with a splash! 


I don't want to be a lazy, dopey, irresponsible, teenage girl. I don't just want to survive, I want to thrive! 




And just how am I going to do all this? How am I going to achieve something BIG this year? 


Well...I could start by praying. Praying a simple prayer, such as 'God, I want you to do something big in my life this year. I want you to use me to change the lives of others, whether it be in blogging, or in my church, or in my youth group, or even in another country Lord.  Please help me to thrive this year."  Amen. 


Then all I have to do is keep walking forward, and trust in my heavenly father to help me along the way. 


God wants to do something big in your life this year too. And all you have to do is pray a simple prayer, your own simple prayer, and believe in God for bigger and better things. 


It doesn't matter what you did in 2010, because God wants to change you in 2011. Start trusting in God, he will never fail you. 



4 comments:

  1. So nice to hear you're homeschooled too and that you like it! :) I heard so many bad things about it, but it's nice to hear from someone who actually knows how it's like, and I have been loving it already! ;) Great post, and so true!! I also hope to live more this year, rather than just 'surviving' and 'making through the day'! Enjoy the summer!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so true, Bri!
    I hope that 2011 is a great year for me too :)
    Happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got that dress on I trip I did to Orlando, FL ;) Ah, too bad your button isn't working! :( I putted on my blog but it really isn't linking to you blog... I wish I could help, but the website I used to create my button was in Portuguese, so I don't think that would be of much help, right?! :) hah

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post!!
    You are a really positive person! And a lovely friend!
    Happy new year!! 2011 here we come!!
    "Chin up and charge the mountain!!"
    haha! :D

    ReplyDelete

thank you for commenting...you just made my day!