Dec 8, 2010

Upon baking shortbread & preparing for xmas

On Monday, I tried my hand out at baking Christmas shortbread.

While finding the recipe surprisingly easy, I put away an excessive amount of dough licking the sticky masses of it off my slim fingers.

After spending a good deal of time in the kitchen cleaning up, my shortbread was cooked. And here is the finished product!








 





Since that was my first attempt at baking Christmas shortbread, I think they turned out surprisingly well considering most of my recipes turn out to be flops.

It is now December, and the count down until Christmas has begun. We are all donning our Santa Claus hats, and have begun signing carols.

Our Christmas tree, and advent calender are both up, and both are covered in multicoloured candy canes, and little snowman chocolates.  All are sure signs that Christmas is on the way.













 

                                           



 

                                                              





 









 
Hope your preparerations for Christmas are just as enjoyable as my own!

~Briony Katie



3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous photos Bri! I especially like the last one - it really captures the atmosphere of Christmas if you know what I mean. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Bri
    Love your photos! You are sooo creative! :D
    I would love to sample your gorgeous looking shortbread! MERRY CHRISTMAS!
    Love chloe xox HO, HO, HO!

    ReplyDelete
  3. all of these photos are awesome but that shortbread looks delicious!! thanks for entering my giveaway!! :)

    ReplyDelete

thank you for commenting...you just made my day!