Nov 18, 2010

Site Feed

I've had a few people in the past commenting on my blog telling me that when they begin following a blog, it will always show tidbits of the blog's most recent posts on their dashboard.

Mine doesn't do that which I'm sure most of you already know.

That is due to site feeds. Site feeds are simply the feed to your website, or in this case, blog.

In the past on various occasions for different reasons I made my blog private. There are no feeds if a blog is a private one.

My blog is public now but blogger was a bit confused and thought it still was private.

After much fiddling and contacting other bloggers about the problem I have found a solution.

All you have to do is stop following my blog and then re-followit. Thats it! Simple! Once you have done this then my blog should be updated and have a site feed so you can see tidbits of my most recent posts.

To stop following my blog, you sign in to your dashboard, scroll down, and under all the blog updates, there should be a blue button that says 'manage', click on that, and a window will pop up listing all the blogs you follow, find Katie's Korner, click on settings, then another window should pop up about my blog. Then click on "stop following this site" click save.

To re-follow, go to my blog www(dot)katieskornerhere(dot)blogspot(dot)com, and on my sidebar there is a followers gadget, click on "follow" chose which settings you want, save, and there you have it!

Hope this doesn't cause any inconvenience.

~Briony Katie

5 comments:

  1. HI, Bri
    I'll have to try this out and see if it works!
    It's a bit confusing but nothing that I can't manage!
    much love chloe xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. i waswondering why your blog did that, thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was wondering why your blog didn't appear on my little list! Thanks for that tip. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks for your comment on my blog! i'm glad to be back too! :) so i was looking some of your post, you have some beautiful pics! i LOVED the one of the piano!! i play it too :)
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Bri! I was having trouble but not any more!

    ReplyDelete

thank you for commenting...you just made my day!