Sep 16, 2010

My favorite thinking, walking, talking place

I have a favorite place in my backyard. We have a huge backyard, and out of all it's little nooks and cranny s, 'Willow Lake' is my favorite place.

"Willow Lake' is more of a creek then a lake, it is also empty because of a blocked storm water pipe. We gave it that name because of the large willow tree that shades its banks. You can see the houses across the road, but our street is fairly quiet because we live in a small country town. We have a large log fence that is painted a deep green which is slowly peeling off. I just love sitting on that fence and staring at the tall trees that stand over our neighborer's house.

 Sometimes, I make my way down there to think, to have a moment to myself, other times, I'm accompanied by my siblings who can always guess where I am if I am not in the house.


 Sometimes, my sister and I walk down there to talk. We sit up on that fence and we laugh at our shadows, 
   talk all the time always interrupting one another, until we get sick of all this, and we run back to the house.

So, as you can see, I have many good reasons to like 'Willow Lake', in fact, I don't like it, I LOVE it.

3 comments:

  1. I love this picture! Thanks for commenting on my blog, and I love your new design!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes We always do know where you are
    Willow lake!
    Willow lake is my favourite place as well!

    Love ur blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's sounds like a nice place!
    How big, exactly, is your property?
    I would like to visit you sometime soon!
    Love, Holly. :)

    ReplyDelete

thank you for commenting...you just made my day!